Being a key area of your home, the bathroom is an important room to keep fresh and clean. If your bathroom is starting to look a little tired, here’s how to transform a dull and uninviting space without spending a fortune.
Budget: Under $200
- Paint walls and/or tiles – with many options now available, painting your bathroom has never been easier. Outdated tiles can even be given a new lease of life with a lick of specially formulated paint.Replace towel rails – although mostly covered by towels, towel rails that are past their best can be replaced with modern, simple ones so the old ones don’t detract from the newly painted walls.
- Thoroughly clean grout – A little elbow grease goes a long way; and if you’re not up for a full tile renovation, simply getting that grout as clean as possible will make all the difference.
- New shower curtain – A new curtain in a modern design is a quick and cheap way to brighten your bathroom. For extra small bathrooms, a clear curtain will open up the space.
Budget: Under $500
- Paint vanity units – Update your vanity with a good sanding and specialty paint. New handles and knobs will also complete the look.
- New towels – Not only a practical necessity, towels contribute a lot to the look of the bathroom. Invest in some new towels to add colour and luxury.
- Replace or frame mirrors – In keeping with your desired look, build a frame around your mirrors to tie in the look with the vanity.
- Replace light fixtures – Another simple way to lift a bathroom is to ensure light fixtures match the rest of the space and provide adequate light.
- Replace taps and faucets – This will not only update the look, but keep your sink in good working order.
Following these easy steps will give your bathroom a new lease of life and make it a joy to be in. A little imagination and elbow grease is all it takes.